Virtual Congress FAQs
What is a Virtual Congress?
Since 1905, the BWA has brought together the most internationally diverse group of Baptists for worship, relationship building, and global missions in an event every five years known as a Congress. The 22nd Baptist World Congress was originally scheduled for Rio de Janeiro. However, with the global Covid-19 pandemic, the 22nd Baptist World Congress will now be held virtually using a new digital platform in order to create a truly unique and interactive experience with daily worship sessions, 30+ breakouts, roundtables, relationship building, and multilingual opportunities for engagement. With the theme “Together,” the Virtual Congress will be July 7-10, 2021, with an additional seven days of on demand access.
Why did you transition from an in-person Congress to a Virtual Congress?
Who decided to transition to a Virtual Congress?
Who can attend?
Do I need to be a member of the BWA?
How do I register?
You can register with a credit card online by visiting the Congress registration page.
What is the cost of registration?
Virtual Congress registration fees are in US$ (US Dollars). Review options below or click to register now.
- Celebrant (US$0.00)
*Free access to the Opening and Closing Celebrations
- Pre-Conference (US$20.00)
* Access to one of three Pre-Conference events (Global Conference of Baptist Women, “Together with the Persecuted” Religious Freedom Summit, or Youth Leadership Conference) and the Opening and Closing Celebrations of the Virtual Congress
- Congress Registration (US$50.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience, plus access to the content for 7 days after the Congress (On-demand access)
- Congress Registrant + Pre-Conference (US$70.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience, one Pre-Conference, plus on-demand access to the content for 7 days after the Congress
- Leadership Package (US$75.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience PLUS enhance your personal leadership engagement with an additional 30 days of on-demand Congress content access
- Leadership Package + Pre-Conference (US$95.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience and 1 Pre-Conference PLUS enhance your personal leadership engagement with an additional 30 days of on-demand Congress content access
- Ministry+ Package (US$100.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience PLUS enhance your ministry engagement and ministry collaboration with an additional 6 months of on-demand Congress content access
- Ministry+ Pre-conference Package (US$120.00)
* Access to the entire Virtual Congress Experience and 1 Pre-Conference PLUS enhance your ministry engagement and ministry collaboration with an additional 6 months of on-demand Congress content access
What is included in my registration fee?
Virtual Congress registration fees include access to the selected sessions of the Virtual Congress Experience, conference materials, exhibit area, and multilingual opportunities for networking. Click to register now.
What are the methods of payment?
You can pay with Visa/MasterCard/Discover credit cards. You can also pay via check or bank wire transaction. For check or bank wire payments, you will have to select “Offline payment method” and submit your payment following the instruction given when you complete your registration.
NOTE: Once you have sent the bank wire transfer, please email email@example.com with a copy of the wire transaction so that we can complete your Congress Registration. Failure to do this will result in an incomplete registration.
Is there a discount for groups?
How do I register a group?
What does the transition to a Virtual Congress mean for the Global Conference for Baptist Women?
The Global Conference for Baptist Women will now be held Wednesday, July 7, 2021, as a Virtual Congress Pre-Conference. To register for the pre-conference, please follow the registration link https://bwa.regfox.com/bwa-congress-the-virtual-experience.
The registration fee of the pre-conference is US$20.
Will there still be a dedicated program for youth and young adults?
We have intentionally integrated a Youth and Young Adults track into the overall Congress experience. Because we highly value the opportunity to invest in the next generation, we are offering a Youth/Young Adult registration for those under the age of 30 at a discounted rate of $30. Register today.
How can my church be involved?
Your church can be involved by promoting the event at your church, small group, sponsoring others from developing countries, praying for the Congress, or by planning a group viewing / watch party (if permitted by local health authorities).
We recommend that you take advantage of the Ministry+ Pre-conference Package to access the entire Virtual Congress Experience and 1 Pre-Conference PLUS enhance your ministry engagement and ministry collaboration with an additional 6 months of on-demand Congress content access.
What is the official language of the event?
I registered for 2020 and want to attend the Virtual Congress in July 2021. What do I do?
I hadn’t registered for 2020 and want to attend the Virtual Congress in 2021. What do I do?
We are excited you wish to register! You can register with a credit card online by visiting the Congress registration page.
My group previously registered. What do we do?
My creative arts group already applied to participate. What do I do?
My Ministry/Organization/Group previously applied to be an Exhibitor/Sponsor of the Congress. What do I do?
How will we celebrate the 2015-2020 and 2020-2025 officers at the Congress?
The General Council meets every July. Will there still be a General Council meeting in 2021?
How else is the BWA responding to Covid-19?
The BWA is providing a key leadership role among the Baptist family, including offering pastoral care with conventions and unions around the world, leading global prayer initiatives, offering aid grants to impacted areas, and monitoring emerging human rights challenges. Visit BaptistWorld.org/covid19 to find out more.
How can I further connect with the global Baptist family?
You can stay connected with a global family, which has grown 29% in the last ten years, by receiving weekly prayer updates, following the BWA on social media, or giving to support the BWA’s global mission to strengthen worship, fellowship, and unity; lead in mission and evangelism; respond through aid, relief, and community development; defend religious freedom, human rights, and justice; and advance theological reflection and transformational leadership.