Marcia accepted Jesus at the age of 12 in the organization Messengers of the King. Still in that organization, while studying missionary biographies, she had a missionary call. She graduated in Religious Education from IBER (current CIES) and currently works as a Christian Educator at PIB in Jacarepaguá-RJ. She is married to a pastor and has two children.
Kakheli is a resource person putting on seminars on youth, women and family. Kakheli earned her Masters degree on Religions (M.Th) from NIIPGTS Kolkatta India after finishing B.Th, B.D from Eastern Theological College Jorhat Assam.
Dr Duval-Poujol Valerie is a French Baptist theologian and Bible translator. She has specialised in teaching in churches about women in the Bible and in the Church. She is head of the working group of the French Baptist Federation on domestic violence.
Yagana is Kanuri by tribe from Nigeria and has worked with a missionary organization there called “Kanuri Project,” specifically reaching women.
J. Merritt Johnston has been in full-time ministry for more than 20 years and has been blessed to lead a nonprofit, provide care as a hospital chaplain, guide communications for a seminary, serve with an international broadcast ministry, shepherd women at a multi-site church, and travel the world teaching God’s Word.
Nuwun Ngong Caroline is the Cameroon Baptist Convention Women’s Department Director. She is married and a mother of four children. Caroline holds a Bachelor of Theology Degree from the Cameroon Baptist Theological Seminary Ndu.
Analía Tofful de Castelao was the President the Baptist Women of Uruguay (2009-2013) and a Vice-President of UFBAL (2009-2018).
Laura McDaniel is an ordained minister, attorney, entrepreneur, mentor, wife and mother who is passionate about identifying and mentoring young leaders through UPTICK.
Sonya Habimana is the Chair of the UPTICK board and strives to cultivate the ministry to reach emerging young leaders everywhere.
Elissa is the president of BWA Women’s branch, Baptist Women of the Pacific. She is a speaker and author of two books. As a young woman she was shy and insecure but secretly dreamed of serving God in a big way.
Gaopalelwe, or more commonly known as Gao, is a mother, wife & community builder. She is an ordained pastor and pastor’s wife at Revival Baptist Church, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Live Business Session
- Worship Session
- Online Networking / Connection Time
Opening Session - 9:00-10:30 (EDT)
- Some highlights
- Worship, various countries
- Latin America presents
- Europe presents
- Rev. Dr. Gina Stewart, USA- speaker
Break - 10:30-11:00 (EDT)
- Question and Answer time with Moreen Sharp, Interim Executive Director and Karen Wilson, President
Session Two - 11:00-12:30 (EDT)
- Some Highlights:
- BWA Women Ministry Update
- Worship, various countries
- Africa Presents
- Pacific Presents
- Asha Sanchu, Nagaland, India – speaks
Break - 12:30-1:00 (EDT)
Session Three - 1:00-1:30 (EDT)
Session Four - 1:30-2:15 (EDT)
- Set One 5 workshops (Presentation followed by discussion time)
- Finding your self confidence to serve God fully
- Arousing the Deborah Spirit/Attitude (Judges 5:7)
- Finding and Forming Promising Young Leaders
- Christian Women as Peace Makers
- Levantar la Honra de la Mujer (Lift Women’s Honor)
Session Five - 2:30-3:15 (EDT)
- Set Two 5 workshops (Presentation followed by discussion time)
- Identifying and Fighting Domestic Abuse within our Baptist Churches
- Trauma Informed: What it is, and Why it is Important
- Made to Last
- A Importância do Voluntariado nas Atividades com Crianças em Vulnerabilidade Social
- Contemporary Challenges Facing Women in the Ministry Today
Break/Chat – 2:15-3:30 (EDT)
Closing Session - 3:30-5:00 (EDT)
- Some highlights include:
- North America presents
- Caribbean presents
- Speaker: Karen Wilson, Australia
Online Chatting and Connection Time